The USB3380-EVB is a PCI Express Gen 2 to USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Peripheral Controller. It features one PCI Express Gen 2 x1 port and one USB 3.0 SuperSpeed client port. The USB 3380 provides a matching bandwidth at 5 GT/s between the PCI Express Gen 2 bus and the USB 3.0 SuperSpeed bus. The controller can easily add a USB 3.0 client port to an existing PCI Express system, as well as convert an existing PCI Express function (endpoint) to a USB 3.0 product. The USB 3380 can configure the PCI Express port as one x1 upstream port or one x1 downstream port. The flexibility allows different system configurations to achieve the maximum performance of the product.
USB 3.0 Client Interface
- USB 3.0 Specification.
- 1 upstream port.
- Supports SuperSpeed, Hi-Speed, Full-Speed modes.
- Four Descriptor-based DMA channels for automatic data transfers.
- Supports USB Duet® Technology.
- USB Auto-Enumeration Technology
- Support for Bulk, Isochronous, and Interrupt Endpoints.
- USB Power Management USB 3.0 link power management states: U0, U1, U2, U3
- USB 2.0 link power management states: L0, L1, L2
PCI Express Interface
- PCI Express Gen 2 (5Gbps)
- Electrical Compliance to PCI Express Base Specification r2.0
- PCIe interface and integrated root complex provides two configurations:
one x1 upstream port
one x1 downstream port
- PCI Express Power Management All link power management states: L0, L0s, L1, L2/L3 Ready, and L3
Device states: D0 and D3(hot & cold)
Vaux, Wake#, Beacon support
- 256 byte maximum payload size
- ExpressCard 2.0 compliance