M2S V2.0 (SATA to M.2-Socket2-B+M-2242-SATA adapter with SATA Power)
M2S is SATA adapter from M.2 Socket 2. This module allows you connect any SATA device to M.2 slot through a standard SATA port and power cables.
M2S supports M.2 socket 2 with TYPE 2242-D2-B-M of SATA SSD. SATA interface supports standard SATA 7pin data signals and 15pin power output.
SATA power output has two modes for SATA 15pin connector. In external power input mode for 3.5” SATA devices, 3.3V / 5V / 12V are supported to SATA device when 5V and 12V are input from 4pin FDD power connector. In self-power mode, 3.3V and 5V are supported for 2.5” SATA deviceswithout external power input.
M2S is the best solution to evaluate M.2 SATA SSD socket.
- Standard SATA interface adapter from M.2-Socket2-B+M-2242 slot for SATA SSD
- Compliant with PCIe M.2 Specification Rev 1.0
- Body Size: TYPE 2242-D2-B-M
- Module Key (Edge Connector / Gold Finger): B+M (Both Key B and Key M)
- Interface : Standard SATA 7pin Connector
- Compliant with Serial ATA Revision 3.1
- Power output from Standard SATA 15pin
- Transparent to the operating system and does not require any software drivers.
- Type 2242 M.2 Socket 2 with Key B or M for SATA
- This adapter is engineering test tools. NOT for home or office use.
- Rev 0.7 Compliant at present. Specification may vary in newer revision.
- The Products just only support M.2-Socket2-B+M-2242 slot for SATA SSD, Can’t support other SSD such as MiniCard (mPCIe), mSATA, Eee PC SSD, Apple MacBook air SSD Card.
- Support SATA interface only. Other interface (such as PCIe or USB) or key (Key A or Key E) isnot supported.
- In external power input mode, switch J2 as OPEN to disable on-board DC-DC 5V output. Otherwise, the DC-DC 5V output andand 4pin FDD 5V input may be interfered each other.